Thursday, January 15, 2009

Introductions

Please introduce yourself, giving some detail about the population you teach, along with any ideas you want to share with other teachers about collaborative blogging!

I'm Leecy, a digital immigrant who is delighted with this new tool for students. I run the Colorado Four Corners Prof. Dev. Resource Center for CDE/AEFL. I live in the high desert of the Four Corners, so the world is my community from here. My background includes lots of teaching, training, curriculum development (on and offline) and administration in various fields, including language (ESL, too), technology integration into instruction, cultural issues in learning, on and on.

I'm really excited about what this collaboration can produce, so sign into Google and let's get started! Leecy

4 comments:

Steven said...

My name is Steven Ewert and I am an ABE teacher at Fresno Adult School in Fresno, CA. I teach the low level ABE students in a 3 hour class in the afternoons. Several of my students are interested in participating in a blog with others from across the United States. I would like to see this happen so that they can have the opportunity to engage in writing with a purpose outside of the classroom. Hope to hear from you soon.

Leecy said...

Great, Steve. For sure, let's start a blog for low-level ABE. There is a real need for online resources for ABE students with low reading levels. We'll have a blog that is strictly written for reading levels 4th-6th. How does that sound?

I'm not sure that I can get it up this week since I'm out of town after TH, but on return, I'll get it going and posed for all who want to join. Thanks! Leecy

Susie said...

My name is Susie Dorle, and I teach ABE and GED classes with Adult and Family Education in Colorado Springs, Colorado. I agree that this would be a great opportunity to engage students in reading and writing. I am looking forward to it.

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone.

As soon as I was ready tostart working with my students on this, I was temporarily assigned to another class and was not able to follow up on getting my class to blog. Now I am back in my original classroom and will try to get the students going by next week.